Monday 28 January 2013

Back on the Border...

I dug out the three QRF Ratels I bought over a year ago and cleaned up and assembled them this evening before spraying them with black car paint as an undercoat.

A remark by my regular gaming partner about how he'd enjoyed our AK 47 games set in Angola prompted me to do this. I've been thinking that I might put a bit of effort into this period over the next few weeks and see if I can rekindle some interest.

MRS01 Ratel 20

My models are a long way from looking like the one pictured above but it shouldn't be too hard to knock out something that's as good. I have plenty of Unimogs, Buffels, Elands, Landrovers and Centurions to take on the BTR 60s, T34s and T55s...

I'm thinking of a Angolan-Cuban invasion of Namibia in 1979, as a reaction to the South African raid on Cassinga in 1978 and as part of a wider communist offensive in Africa.

Not sure if we'll use the AK 47 rules off the peg or whether I'll go to the trouble of drafting scenarios. I probably won't - I think it's time to just get the little men and models on the table and start rolling dice...


2 comments:

  1. Larry Bond wrote 'Vortex', a novel about a war between Cuba and South Africa, back in the early 1990's (prior to majority rule).

    Might give you some inspiration if you can get hold of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, had a quick search and it does look interesting. There isn't a copy in the local library system so it might have to be a mail order purchase.

    ReplyDelete